Here’s a recipe for a healthy dessert for your kiddo. I must thank my friend, Sheetal, for this recipe and for the pic of the fruit salad. Sheetal has a 3 year old daughter, Anahita. Anahita has plenty of songs in her repertoire. From Chota Bheem title song to Brown Girl in the Ring, she regales us with her renditions when we moms are out taking the kids for an evening stroll. Do try this dessert for your li’l one. It is sugar free and it contains hung sugar instead of cream or ice cream. So it is super healthy.
Recipe of a healthy fruit salad, made using fresh fruits, hung curd instead of whipped cream, honey instead of sugar.
- 2 bowls of homemade curd made from cow milk
- 3/4th cup strawberry and banana pieces
- 1/4th cup grapes (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tbsp cashew and almond pieces
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- Make hung curd from one bowl of curd. (Click here to view the steps.)
- Take 7-8 tbsp of hung curd in a bowl.
- Add honey and mix it well.
- Take another bowl, add some honeyed hung curd and flatten it out to make a layer.
- Add strawberry and banana pieces.
- Add another layer of honeyed hung curd on top of the pieces.
- Add pomegranate seeds, cashew, and almond pieces. (You can powder the cashews and almonds if your child is too small to chew them properly.)
- Garnish the fruit salad with grapes.