Cheesy zucchini slices made by hubby dearest is what it took for me to get over my writer’s block. I am writing this post after five months, so it’s been a mega block really. But I just couldn’t not post one of these zucchini recipes – cheesy zucchini slices after Kalpesh not only cooked but also clicked all the pics without asking me to help with the shoot. So thank you Kalpesh for the amazing dish and pics, and for managing to get me out of my loooooong hiatus.
When it comes to cooking, I use commonly available seasonal vegetables. But Kalpesh prefers using exotic ingredients like mushrooms, broccoli, olives and what not. Thanks to Kalpesh’s once-a-week cooking experiment, Devansh has cultivated a taste for broccoli and zucchini, which he didn’t like earlier. Kalpesh has made these cheesy zucchini slices 3-4 times now and Devansh likes them as much as we do. I have eaten them after they’ve cooled down, at room temperature, and they taste quite nice even when they are not hot. So I am thinking of giving these to Devansh in his tiffin one of these days; haven’t yet but planning to.
Hope you try this really simplest of zucchini recipes. Adding cheese is a great way to get toddlers and kids eat zucchini, which they may otherwise resist eating. You can serve these slices to kids as a snack between meals, in their tiffin. These slices are sure to be a hit even as starters at any party, grownups and kids will both enjoy these slices.
Prep time: 00:05 | Cook time: 00:15 | Total time: 00:20
Try this really simple zucchini recipe to get toddlers and kids eat zucchini. Serve these cheesy zucchini slices in tiffins, or as starters at any party.
- Zucchini (medium-sized)
- Cheese cubes or slices
- Olive Oil
- Dried garlic Powder
- Pepper powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried rosemary
- Chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Mix garlic powder, pepper powder, and mixed herbs in a dry bowl to get a herb-mix.
- Cut zucchini into slices.
- Heat a pan and add 2-3 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the herb-mix and then the zucchini slices.
- Cook both sides of the slices till they turn golden brown, and then transfer them onto a plate . (You may need to do this in 2-3 batches.)
- Place sliced or grated cheese on the zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle the herb-mix onto the zucchini slices.
- Drizzle a non-stick pan with olive oil and place the zucchini slices on the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook till the cheese melts. (Remember not to overcook it.)
- Serve hot. (Tip: If you want to give these slices to your child in a tiffin, allow them to cool before you put them in the tiffin.)
- You can cook the zucchini slices on a flat pan by using just a tsp of oil instead of shallow frying them in a deep pan.