When it comes to eggs, the biggest mistake I made was that I introduced it in Devansh’s diet a bit too late. As per the food chart given by Devansh’s pediatrician, I could start giving Devansh eggs a couple of months or so after I started giving him solids. But I thought eggs are difficult to digest, also you can never be sure of the quality of the eggs so I’d wait till he’s eating chapati-sabzi stuff properly before I give him eggs. As a result Devansh did not cultivate the taste for eggs. Now getting Devansh to like eggs is a challenge.
I experimented a bit with scrambled eggs. I must thank my husband for his patience while clicking this dish as he’s clicked scrambled eggs thrice. When Devansh’s response wasn’t too enthusiastic initially, I looked up the recipe on the net to see if I could make it more interesting. I realized I wasn’t adding milk in the egg. When I added milk it made the scrambled egg lighter and fluffier. It took me two attempts to realize Devansh was not comfortable with the tomato peels. Third attempt was a success, by Devansh’s standard at least because he finished 2/3rd of the scrambled egg. Do give this cheesy scrambled eggs recipe a try. You can omit onion, tomato, and black pepper if you’re cooking for younger than one and a half year old babies. And if you are planning on feeding eggs to your child start off as soon as your pediatrician gives you a go ahead. Of course initially you’ll have to give him/her just boiled egg.
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cheese cube grated
- Half onion chopped
- 1 small tomato peeled and diced
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Break an egg in a bowl and whisk it for a minute.
- Add milk and whisk it some more.
- Add salt, pepper, and cinnamon powder and whisk it for a minute. (Apparently the more you whisk eggs before making scrambled eggs the better.)
- Heat a non-stick pan and add butter.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add diced tomato and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and grated cheese and start stirring.
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes till the egg is done and then turn off heat. (You need to ensure that the egg doesn’t remain undercooked and yet at the same time you don’t want to let it turn brown. So decide on the time of turning off heat accordingly.)