I have had a blogger’s block; if there’s any such thing. 🙂 Paromita gave me this Raspberry Banana Smoothie recipe a couple of weeks back and I have delayed posting it unnecessarily. But here it is now and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. Nothing like a yummy raspberry banana smoothie to beat the October heat. Bananas are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, magnesium, and vitamin C. Teamed up with anti-oxidants rich raspberries makes for a yummy and healthy smoothie.
Here’s what Paromita writes about the smoothie: This is not only refreshing but for mothers who kind of want to skip lunch, you can substitute lunch with this. Enjoy your smoothie!
Raspberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup sliced medium sized banana
- 1 and a half cup soya vanilla milk or any plain milk your child enjoys
- 170 gm yogurt plain or you can use raspberry yogurt
- Pour in all the ingredients together in a blender and blend till you get a smooth mixture.
- Taste and add a bit of organic sugar if required to make the smoothie sweet.
- Rim the glass with some raspberry jam. (Paromita says: This will balance the tangy taste. Though both my kids loved it without the jam.)
To make the smoothie thicker, freeze the sliced banana for an hour.
If you are using plain milk, you can add one tsp of vanilla essence to it.
It is best to serve the smoothie fresh but if you want to serve it later, do not refrigerate for more than 12 hours as it will go stale.