Rava Dosa Recipe with a Twist | Multigrain
Here's how to make a perfect rava dosa without maida. This multigrain recipe uses no refined flour but includes some other healthy flours.
Servings: 2 people
- 1/2 cup rava/sooji semolina
- 1/4th cup besan chickpea flour
- 1/4th cup rice flour
- 1/4th cup bajra flour pearl millet
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2-3 pcs curry leaves chopped
- chopped coriander as required
- 1-2 tsp oil
- water as required for very runny consistency
- salt to taste
Take all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Add water to make a very thin batter. (You'll need approximately one cup water. The consistency of the batter must be very runny to get holes in rava dosa.)
Heat a non-stick pan (tava), and then grease it properly with oil.
Pour the batter onto a pan starting from the outer edge, moving inwards. (Make sure the pan is heated properly before pouring the batter.)
Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes. If you are using a large pan, keep moving the pan intermittently to ensure the dosa cooks evenly from everywhere.
Remove the dosa from the pan after it starts turning reddish in colour.
Serve hot with a chutney of your choice.