Fruit Raita Recipe
Fruit raita is a perfect side dish for indian food. Recipe uses fruits like apple, banana, grapes, orange with curd, spices and mint leaves.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 and half cup curd
- 1/4th cup milk
- 1/4th apple
- 1 banana
- 10-12 black grapes
- 10-12 green grapes
- 1 orange
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3/4th tsp himalayan black salt kala namak
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder roasted jeera powder
- 1/3rd tsp black pepper powder
Peel and cut apple and banana into pieces.
Peel, and remove pith, skin, and seeds from orange pieces.
Take curd in a large mixing bowl, add milk, and mix/whisk till the mixture becomes smooth. (Go on adding little milk at a time till you get the desired consistency. You may need to add more milk if you have thick curd.)
Add kala namak, jeera powder, and black pepper powder. Whisk or mix properly using a spoon.
Add fruits and mix properly.
Tear mint leaves with your hands and add them in the bowl.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves.
Other Raita Recipes by MumMumTime.
MumMumTime Recipes on YouTube.
- You can use any seasonal fruits you like.
- Use fresh curd. Sour curd won't taste good in this raita.
- Refrigerate fruit raita. It tastes better cold.
- I don't add sugar in this raita as fruits add in the required sweetness. You can add a pinch of sugar if you want a sweeter raita.
- Some people don't eat pudina and kala namak while fasting. You can skip pudina in that case and use sendha namak instead of kala namak.