Red Chilli Chutney Recipe
Red chilli chutney recipe made using red chilli peppers known as Reshampatti mirchi in local languages. Awesome accompaniment to replace ketchup.
- 10-12 red chilli peppers reshampatti mirchi
- 1-1.5 inch piece of ginger roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered roasted peanuts
- 3/4th tsp roasted cumin seeds powder roasted jeera powder
- 1 apple squeezed
- salt to taste
Grease your palms with oil.
Remove the stem, deseed, and cut each red chili pepper in 4 pieces.
Add the chili pieces and the rest of the ingredients to a mixer jar.
Grind in the mixer to make chutney.
- To make the chutney less spicy, remove the membranes from chilies after removing the seeds.
- This chutney freezes well. You can make it in bulk and store it in the freezer in an airtight container.