Banana Shikran Recipe
Shikran, a Maharashtiran recipe also known as kelyachi (banana) shikran, which is quick and easy. Perfect as a healthy snack for toddlers and kids.
- 2 elaichi bananas or 1 regular banana
- 3/4th cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder preferably organic
- 1 large pinch cardamom powder elaichi powder
Add jaggery powder in warm milk and mix well.
Peel and slice the bananas, and add to the milk.
Add cardamom powder and mix well.
Serve with roti, chapati or the shikran can be had just like that.
- I prefer to give kiddo elaichi bananas but if you don't have elaichi bananas locally available, you can use regular ones. It's always best to use local produce as it's fresh and therefore more nutritious.
- Typically, this recipe is made using sugar. But instead of adding 2-3 tsp of sugar it is healthier to use jaggery.